Ubuntu and Fedora have new releases, and our early impressions are great. We’ll share the features that we think make these distros some of the best Linux desktop releases ever.
Plus some important community news, some Darktable tips for beginners, and some select clips from this year’s LinuxFest Northwest.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Announcing the release of Fedora 28 — Fedora 28 Workstation has big news too. For the first time, we’re making it easy for users to enable certain third-party software sources, including proprietary Nvidia drivers.
- Fedora Atomic Host — This is our first release of Fedora 28 Atomic Host!
- What's New in Fedora 28 Workstation — Battery life on laptops running Fedora Workstation is improved with various hardware power-saving features now enabled by default.
- Google Just Forked a Popular GTK Theme — Not just any GTK theme but one forked from the Material Design inspired Adapta GTK theme.
- Why is the kernel community replacing iptables with BPF? — The Linux kernel community recently announced bpfilter, which will replace the long-standing in-kernel implementation of iptables with high-performance network filtering powered by Linux BPF
- VoidLinux Serious Issues — The current project leader has disappeared. We have had no contact with him since the end of January.
- darktable 2.4.3 released | darktable — We’re proud to announce the third bugfix release for the 2.4 series of darktable, 2.4.3!
- LFNW 2018 - Images | Brent Gervais Photography — Great photos from LinuxFest Northwest 2018
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Top 10 Major Changes
- Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Official Flavor Debuts as First Long-Term Supported Version — Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 LTS official flavor will be supported for three years, until April 2021, and ships with the latest Budgie Desktop 10.4 "Irish Summer" desktop environment by default, accompanied by GNOME 3.28 applications.
- Breeze through Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver — GNOME Initial Setup was chosen for this job as we will be exploring how to integrate more features of the tool during the 18.10 cycle.