The way we’ve been thinking about Desktop Linux is all wrong. We start by defining Desktop Linux, and where it might be going in the future.
Plus we throw a studio party for our new look, and the text editor that’s taking the crew by storm.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Cross-Technology Communications for Heterogeneous IoT Devices Through Artificial Doppler Shifts
- Happy 14th anniversary: What do you love about Git?
- Proton: One Graph To Sum It All — Don’t we all feel that the world of Linux gaming is in a better spot right now than let’s say, 7-8 months ago? Thanks to Valve, Codeweavers, DXVK and all the gang we can now enjoy a lot more games coming from the Windows world than ever before. I decided to take some time to show what kind of progress we are talking about
- Lutris Release v0.5.2
- Lutris 0.5.2 Released With Various Improvements For Linux Gaming — Lutris 0.5.2 adds the Vulkan ICD (installable client driver) loaders to the system options, adds a sample count option to Wine for enabling MSAA anti-aliasing in older games, a warning is now displayed if Vulkan is not properly setup, and various other bug fixes and enhancements.
- Visual Studio Code is now available as a snap on Ubuntu — Launched in 2015 by Microsoft, Visual Studio Code has imposed itself as one of the preferred code editors in the developer community.
- Install Visual Studio Code for Linux using the Snap Store | Snapcraft
- What do WLinux and Benedict Cumberbatch have in common? They're both fond of Pengwin — Hayden Barnes, of Whitewater Foundry, told El Reg that WLinux was only ever supposed to be a codename, and the new name "reflects our distribution's connection to both Linux and Windows".
- WLinux is now Pengwin, Fedora Remix for WSL updated, and WSL at Build : bashonubuntuonwindows
- Coder Radio Episode 352: Self Driving Disaster — Mike’s away so Chris joins Wes to discuss running your workstation from RAM, the disappointing realities of self driving cars, and handling the ups and downs of critical feedback.
- Opportunities for Women of Color and Women from Untapped Pathways - Grace Hopper Celebration — This year, AnitaB.org is thrilled to be offering two additional opportunities for women of color from underrepresented groups and women from untapped pathways to attend the 2019 Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19)
- Linux Academy - Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote) — Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by you or your co-workers, matching a design given to you, into an Angular 6 application, using NGRX.
- The Linux desktop is in trouble | ZDNet — Why? Because we don't have a standardized Linux desktop.
- A Half-Year Since Valve Released Steam Play For Linux, Its Marketshare Is Still Sub-1% - Phoronix — But for February 2019, they had been reporting a 0.77% Linux market-share, which would have been a 0.05% increase.
- Ubuntu MATE 19.04 and 18.04.2 Are Now Available for GPD Pocket & GDP Pocket 2
- Reasons to Abandon Windows For Linux - SlashGear
- wkhtmltopdf — wkhtmltopdf and wkhtmltoimage are open source (LGPLv3) command line tools to render HTML into PDF and various image formats using the Qt WebKit rendering engine. These run entirely "headless" and do not require a display or display service.
- ArchiveBox | 🗃 The open source self-hosted web archive. Takes browser history/bookmarks/Pocket/Pinboard/etc., saves HTML, JS, PDFs, media, and more… — ArchiveBox takes a list of website URLs you want to archive, and creates a local, static, browsable HTML clone of the content from those websites (it saves HTML, JS, media files, PDFs, images and more).