Linux Hardware Love
June 2nd, 2020
1 hr 3 mins 11 secs
About this Episode
From the low-end to the high-end we try out both ends of the Linux hardware spectrum. Wes reviews the latest XPS 13, and Chris shares his thoughts on the Pinebook Pro.
Plus a really cool new feature in Linux 5.7, and we get some answers to the recent GNOME patent settlement from the source.Support LINUX Unplugged
- snakeware: A free Linux distro with a fully Python userspace
- GNOME gets big open-source patent win
- GNOME Patent Suite Update
- GNOME Foundation post about patent suit resolution
- Thermal Pressure in the task scheduler
- A New Kernel Patch Is Being Discussed That’s Needed For Newer Windows Games On Wine
- PINE64 on Twitter: “Everyone receiving their #PinebookPro laptops. Appears that the factory has left the WiFi privacy switches turned ON. To enable WiFi you’ll need to disengage the privacy switch"
- Know when we’re going to be live. Check out the calendar!
- Pay it forward: Help us give away 1,000 ACG subscriptions
- Introducing the 2020 XPS 13 Developer Edition — (this one goes to 32!)
- XPS 13 in the Dell Store
- Wes' XPS 13 Image Gallery
- Performance comparison to Lemur Pro
- Jim’s take on the new XPS 13
- Howdy: Windows Hello style facial authentication for Linux
- Feedback: Why not LVM/XFS?