We each try out the new Pop_OS! and Carl Richell from System76 joins us to get into the details.
Plus why we feel Pop might be the new Ubuntu.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Amazon Is Hiring DXVK, Mesa & Proton Linux Developers For Luna Cloud Gaming - Phoronix — As part of the work on Amazon's Luna cloud gaming service, the company has put out job openings of great match to our audience... An Amazon engineer did confirm that this indeed is for genuine Linux gaming engineers.
- New Server Christening Get Together — Lets get together, share some foods, and power up the new Jupiter Broadcasting local server. Then stick around and listen in to a live recording of LINUX Unplugged from the studio.
- System76 Blog — Pop!_OS 21.10 has landed!
- Pop!_OS 21.10 Introduces Mini Application Menu
- Jeremy Soller on Twitter — Pop switched the build system and repositories away from http://launchpad.net to our own system http://apt.pop-os.org/release for 21.10 in order to improve our control of package updates and reduce the time to build, test, and release them. It is not related to changing bases.
- Linode Security Digest December 12-19, 2021
- Pop!_OS Auto Tiling Tutorial
- Recovery Partition - System76 Support — The Recovery Partition is a full copy of the Pop!_OS installation disk. It can be used exactly the same as if a live disk copy of Pop!_OS was booted from a USB drive.
- Add Recovery To Your Pop!_OS — If you like me, fellow reader, you may be using a more custom partition setup. Unfortunately, anything other than the default clean install on Pop!_OS means you do not get the automatically generated recovery partition of goodness. Here's a small guide over how to get the setup on an already existing install.
- casper — A hook for initramfs-tools to boot live systems.
- pop-os/launcher — Modular IPC-based desktop launcher service.
- Raycast — Raycast is a blazingly fast, totally extendable launcher. It lets you complete tasks, calculate, share common links, and much more.
- Pick: n.eko — A self hosted virtual browser that runs in docker and uses WebRTC.
- Ventoy — With ventoy, you don't need to format the disk over and over, you just need to copy the ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files to the USB drive and boot them directly.