The lead developer of PipeWire Wim Taymans joins us to discuss Linux’s multimedia past, and its exciting future. They promise to greatly improve handling of audio and video under Linux.
Plus we review the professional grade Precision 5530, tour our new studio in a box, and release one of our first production tools as free software!
- JACK Audio Connection Kit|Home
- GetJacked · GitHub — Some simple scripts to build a "Studio in a Box" with JACK.
- PipeWire — PipeWire is a project that aims to greatly improve handling of audio and video under Linux.
- PipeWire Wiki
- Launching Pipewire!
- Precision 15 Inch 5530 Developer Edition — Dell’s thinnest, lightest and smallest 15" mobile workstation is more powerful than ever.
- Precision 5530 Benchmarks — JB1 Reaper Custom Build vs Dell Precision 5300
- TechSNAP Episode 385: 3 Things to Know About Kubernetes — Kubernetes expert Will Boyd joins us to explain the top 3 things to know about Kubernetes
- TechSNAP Episode 386: What Makes Google Cloud Different — We bring on our Google Cloud expert and explore the fundamentals, demystify some of the magic, and ask what makes Google Cloud different.
- TechSNAP Episode 387: Private Cloud Building Blocks — We bring in Amy Marrich to break down the building blocks of OpenStack.