We chat with a developer who's gotten Linux running on iOS devices, do a deep dive into Clear Linux, and discuss Xubuntu ending 32bit support.
Plus why Android in the cloud, and a bunch of community news.
- One Raspberry Pi 3 not powerful enough? Try this five Pi cluster for computing on the edge
- Xubuntu Will Stop Producing 32-bit ISOs Beginning With Xubuntu 19.04 — The Xubuntu development team has now decided to go ahead and eliminate their 32-bit builds moving forward.
- Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser — Microsoft is throwing in the towel with Edge and is building a new web browser for Windows 10, this time powered by Chromium.
- Steam Link now in BETA on Raspberry Pi — The Steam Link app is now available in beta on the Raspberry Pi 3 and 3 B+ running Raspbian Stretch
- Sputnik turns 6: Presenting the folks behind it — Thanks to the interest and support of the community, eight months later, the project became a product. On November 29, 2012 the Dell XPS 13 developer edition was born.
- Running Android in the Cloud with Amazon EC2 A1 instances — W demonstrated a fully automated solution deployed by Juju to run Android within LXD containers in the cloud and stream out the display of a gaming app from an Amazon EC2 A1 instance to a mobile phone over the internet
- Amazon's homegrown 2.3GHz 64-bit Graviton processor was very nearly an AMD Arm CPU
- iSH: The Linux Shell on iOS — iSH is a project to get a Linux shell environment running locally on your iOS device, using a usermode x86 emulator.
- iSH on GitHub
- Bleeping computer's review of iSH
- Bug #1759836 “systemd-udevd consumes 100% of CPU” : Bugs : systemd package : Ubuntu
- High cpu usage on kernel 4.14 and 4.15 from systemd-udevd which seems to be the synaptic touchpad driver
- Bluetooth adapter stopped working after upgrade to 4.14 kernel
- Clear Linux Homepage — Clear Linux OS is an open source, rolling release Linux distribution optimized for performance and security, from the Cloud to the Edge, designed for customization, and manageability.
- Intel's Clear Linux Ups Their Desktop Offering, Rolling Out New Installer
- How to Clear — Training documentation to teach users how to make a Clear Linux OS derivative distribution.
- Trying To Make Ubuntu 18.10 Run As Fast As Intel's Clear Linux
- clr-boot-manager — clr-boot-manager exists to enable the correct maintenance of vendor kernels and appropriate garbage collection tactics over the course of upgrades.