Wendell joins the show to cover the state of graphics on Linux, and what Intel has in store for the future.
Plus why we're excited about PeerTube again, some feedback, and more.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Linux Action News 171 — We explain the recent Qt upset, and then go hands-on with the new PeerTube release. Plus Wendell from Level1Techs joins us to discuss his thoughts on porting Linux to the Apple M1.
- Our new PeerTube instance
- Coder Radio 395 — Their lives change forever when they meet a handsome, tormented, laptop.
- Level1Linux: We’re ready for One GPU – Two OSs. Intel Xe, SR-IOV and thoughts on VMs
- Intel Xe MAX Needs Two Linux Kernels For Now - Meaning You Need To Use A GPU-Accelerated VM — The good news is the Xe MAX graphics can be used for a GPU-accelerated Linux virtual machine. The bad news is the Xe MAX support doesn't yet allow for dGPU usage by the host outside of a virtual machine context as it needs "two different [Linux] kernels" for operation in conjunction with the integrated graphics.
- Intel GVT-g - ArchWiki — Intel GVT-g is a technology that provides mediated device passthrough for Intel GPUs (Broadwell and newer). It can be used to virtualize the GPU for multiple guest virtual machines, effectively providing near-native graphics performance in the virtual machine and still letting your host use the virtualized GPU normally.
- Dell XPS 13 Laptop | Dell USA
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- openSUSE Feedback — I'd like to make an argument about Yast. OpenSuse definitely should be clearer in who it is intended for. But here is my humble opinion. It is not for folks who have been using Linux for years.
- openSUSE/opi: OBS Package Installer (CLI) — Search and install almost all packages available for openSUSE and SLE.
- openSUSE Docs Telegram Channel
- Richard Brown on Twitter
- Feedback: Try Alpine! — Overall, Alpine is a small, simple distro with a lot of tricks up its sleeves. It's definitely worth a look!
- Pick: GPU-Viewer for Linux — This project aims to capture all the important details of glxinfo, vulkaninfo and clinfo in a GUI. The project is being developed using python 3 pygobject with GTK3.
- New Core Contributor Promo Code — 2021