Distro in the Rough
May 11th, 2021
57 mins 12 secs
About this Episode
We’re taking a look at an underdog distro. We may have found a diamond in the rough with a few tricks up its filesystem.
Plus our review of the ODROID-Go Super an Ubuntu-powered handheld, and our tools for laptop battery health.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Sensory’s custom voice assistant debuts on a Linux-based microwave — Sensory announced that its 100 percent locally processed TrulyHandsfree technology can be used to create custom voice assistants without sacrificing privacy, as demonstrated in a new Linux-based Farberware FM11VABK microwave.
- Ask LUP Anything - AskLUP.COM
- ODROID-GO Super
- ODROID-GO Super Dim Gray
- EmulationStation — A graphical and themeable emulator front-end that allows you to access all your favorite games in one place, even without a keyboard!
- ODROID Image for ES
- SegaCD missing BIOS (linked) - ODROID
- JB Telegram
- Jupiter Broadcasting Garage Sale
- Open Letter: DistroWatch and Nitrux — For the better part of three years, we have remained silent about your ongoing efforts to affect people’s perception of our Linux distribution continuously. We have tried our best not to engage with your evident hostility and disregard to inform your viewers and visitors about correct facts of the Linux distributions you display on your website, especially ours. However, we have decided to take a stance. It is today, the 6th of May, that we gallantly demand you to stop.
- Uri's Blog: Unpopular Opinion Penguin #3: The Empire Strikes Back — I’m here to take a look at the newest “review” that our lovely haters (let’s call them for what they are) at DistroWatch published on their website some weeks ago.
- DistroWatch.com: Nitrux
- Nitrux — Nitrux is a Linux desktop distribution directly based on Debian. It uses the Calamares installer and includes NX Desktop and NX Firewall on top of the KDE Plasma 5 desktop environment and MauiKit Applications.
- Meet Nitrux: The Most Beautiful Linux Distribution Ever?
- Nitrux on Twitter
- MauiKit — A free and modular front-end framework for developing fast and compelling user experiences.
- Kirigami UI Framework — Build beautiful, convergent apps that run on phones, TVs and everything in between.
- Changelog: Nitrux 1.4.0
- NX Desktop — NX Desktop is a customization layer for Plasma 5.
- AppImageHub — Here are 1200 apps (and counting) that you can run on Linux without installation.
- Installing other DEs in Nitrux — During last month’s release of Nitrux, we made available a minimal ISO to let users install Nitrux and also install a different desktop environment and a selection of applications than the ones we include by default.
- NX Software Center — A GUI to install and manage AppImages.
- Nitrux: pnx — pnx (lowercase; originally Pacman for Nitrux) allows users to install software from Linux distributions that use the Pacman package manager on other Linux distributions that don’t use it without interfering with the distributions default package manager.
- What’s Nitrux? The future. - with Uri Herrera
- Linux Spotlight - Uri Herrera of NitruxOS
- Feedback: PrivateBin — A minimalist, open-source online pastebin where the server has zero knowledge of pasted data. Data is encrypted/decrypted in the browser using 256 bits AES.
- PrivateBin Docker Setup
- Feedback: PIE Bin — Pre-Internet Encryption for Text.
- Feedback: CryptPad — CryptPad is the Zero-Knowledge real-time collaborative editor.
- CryptPad Installation Guide — This guide is about installing a public CryptPad instance available on the internet.
- Pick: TLP — Optimize Linux Laptop Battery Life.
- Pick: TLPUI — A GTK user interface for TLP written in Python.
- Fedora — TLP 1.3.1 documentation