'velopers Choose Snap
February 26th, 2023
1 hr 27 mins 10 secs
About this Episode
Ubuntu makes its anti-Flatpak stance official, while KDE and GNOME team up to turn Flathub into a universal Linux app store.
Plus, we try the Intel Arc GPU. Could this new hardware make Linux bulletproof?Support LINUX Unplugged
- LUP 500 Micro Brewery Meetup — Sat, Mar 4, 2023, 4:00 PM
- Linux 6.2 Released With Intel Arc Graphics Promoted — Linux 6.2 overall has been in good shape from my continued testing and especially for Skylake/Skylake-derived cores is looking better if opting for Call Depth Tracking and it's great to have stable Arc Graphics A380/A750/A770 working out-of-the-box in the labs.
- Performance is looking better with later Arcs
- mesa 23.0.0 Released
- intel-extension-for-pytorch at xpu-master
- Install intel-extension-for-pytorch
- Intel® Extension for PyTorch — PyTorch Tutorials
- rahulunair/stable_diffusion_arc — Stable Diffusion inference on Intel Arc dGPUs
- bes-dev/stable_diffusion.openvino — Implementation of Text-To-Image generation using Stable Diffusion on Intel CPU or GPU.
- ShuffleBox: Quick Benchmark for Whisper by OpenAI
- Flatpak will no longer be available “out-of-the-box” in any of Ubuntu’s official flavors. — Do keep in mind that “not installed by default” is not the same as “not available to install at all”.
- Wimpy on Fosstodon — "@bluesabre Did we agree? I think we complied with the requested change. You and I both played our part in ensuring this was clearly and openly communicated."
- Ubuntu Flavor Packaging Defaults - Community - Ubuntu Community Hub — As part of our combined efforts, the Ubuntu flavors have made a joint decision to adjust some of the default packages on Ubuntu: Going forward, the Flatpak package as well as the packages to integrate Flatpak into the respective software center will no longer be installed by default in the next release due in April 2023, Lunar Lobster.
- KDE and GNOME seeks $100k to turn Flathub into a Store for the Linux desktop — Promote diversity and sustainability in the Linux desktop community by adding payments, donations and subscriptions to the Flathub app store.
- ZFS send/receive over ssh on linux without allowing root login
- ZFS on Object Storage by George Wilson, Matt Ahrens, Paul Dagnelie, Manoj Joseph - YouTube
- JB Geocache Kit Request
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- GPU-Viewer — This project aims to capture all the important details of glxinfo, vulkaninfo and clinfo in a GUI.