What's up with WireGuard
August 10th, 2021
1 hr 3 mins 3 secs
About this Episode
Big things are happening in the world of WireGuard, Jim Salter joins to catch us up.
Plus we chat with Daniel Foré and Cassidy James Blaede about the just released elementary OS 6.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Denver Meetup
- Jupiter Garage Stickers
- JB Telegram Group
- Principal Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington, United States
- elementary OS 6 Odin Available Now — It’s been a long road to elementary OS 6 but it’s finally here. elementary OS 6 Odin is available to download now. And it’s the biggest update to the platform yet!
- Valve working with AMD to support Windows 11 on Steam Deck — “There’s work looking at TPM just now. We’ve focused so much on Windows 10, so far, that we haven’t really gotten that far into it. Our expectation is that we can meet that.”
- Valve dumped Debian Linux for Arch Linux with SteamOS 3 because surprise - faster updates — "We were making a bunch of updates and changes to specifically make sure that things work well for Steam deck, and Arch just ended up being a better choice for them."
- Web UIs for WireGuard That Make Configuration Easier
- wireguard-manager — wireguard-manager enables you to build your own vpn under a minute.
- easy-wg-quick — Creates Wireguard configuration for hub and peers with ease.
- wg-manage — An awesome command-line tool to manage Wireguard configurations.
- dsnet — Simple command to manage a centralised wireguard VPN. Think wg-quick but quicker: key generation + address allocation.
- dsnet-gui — A simple gui for dsnet.
- subspace — A simple WireGuard VPN server GUI.
- subspacecommunity/subspace — A fork of the simple WireGuard VPN server GUI community maintained.
- wg-ui — WireGuard Web UI for self-serve client configurations, with optional auth.
- wireguard-ui — Wireguard web interface.
- wg-easy — The easiest way to run WireGuard VPN + Web-based Admin UI.
- drago — Securely connect anything with WireGuard® and manage all your networks from a single place.
- WireGuard Home Assistant Community Add-on — WireGuard is pretty simple, however, can be quite complex for user that isn't familiar with all terminology used. The add-on takes care of a lot of things for you (if you want).
- autowire — Automatically configure Wireguard interfaces in distributed system. It supports Consul as backend.
- wiresteward — Wireguard peer manager with OAuth2.
- wireguard-p2p — A tool for setting up WireGuard connections from peer to peer.
- wesher — Wireguard overlay mesh network manager.
- netmaker — Netmaker is a platform for creating and managing fast, secure, and dynamic virtual overlay networks using WireGuard.
- wiretrustee — Connect your devices into a single secure private WireGuard®-based mesh network.
- headscale — An open source, self-hosted implementation of the Tailscale control server.
- innernet — A private network system that uses WireGuard under the hood.
- Pro Custodibus — Pro Custodibus is a SaaS with a web GUI that makes it easy to add users and devices to WireGuard VPNs, manage their configuration, and monitor their usage.
- New WireGuardNT shatters throughput ceilings on Windows — The WireGuard VPN project announced a major milestone for its Windows users today—an all-new, kernel-mode implementation of the VPN protocol called WireGuardNT. The new implementation allows for massively improved throughput on 10Gbps LAN connections—and on many WI-Fi connections, as well.
- 2.5 Admins
- JingPad A1 (DVT) review, part 1
- PIck: ethr — Ethr is a Comprehensive Network Measurement Tool for TCP, UDP & ICMP.