Run Every Distro At Once
August 3rd, 2021
47 mins 35 secs
About this Episode
Yabba Dabba Distro! Run every major distribution on one native host. How we hijacked a Fedora install and turned it into the ultimate meta Linux box.
Plus Valve and AMD team up to improve Linux performance and the duct-tape solution holding our server together.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Jupiter Broadcasting Garage Sale Stickers
- Salt Lake City Meetup
- Denver Meetup Meetup
- AMD + Valve Working On New Linux CPU Performance Scaling Design — Along with other optimizations to benefit the Steam Deck, AMD and Valve have been jointly working on CPU frequency/power scaling improvements to enhance the Steam Play gaming experience on modern AMD platforms running Linux.
- Linux has finally hit that almost mythical 1% user share on Steam again — If we take how many monthly active users Steam has which Valve reported at over 120 million at the start of this year, that would give us an estimated 1,204,000 monthly active Linux users on Steam.
- Watch Ingenuity explore intriguing Raised Ridges in new video
- Chris Hijacks Fedora 34 (Image Gallery)
- Bedrock Linux — Bedrock Linux is a meta Linux distribution which allows users to mix-and-match components from other, typically incompatible distributions. Bedrock integrates these components into one largely cohesive system.
- Bedrock Linux: Frequently Asked Questions
- Linux Action Show 316 — Introducing Bedrock Linux
- Bedrock Linux presentation at Ohio Linuxfest 2012
- Chris Fisher on Twitter — I joined the @latenightlinux boys to cover my @syncthing setup that just hit the two-year mark, and we chat a little @teamsilverblue, the problem of OSS grifting, and more.
- JB Telegram
- JB Mumble
- Pick: imgdupes — Find and delete near-duplicate images based on a perceptual hash.