Linux's Awkward News Phase
July 13th, 2021
56 mins 16 secs
About this Episode
Have you noticed the Linux news has gotten a little weird? Michael Tunnell joins us to break down the changes we've observed over the last year.
Plus, we set up private and secure location tracking and tell you how and why.Support LINUX Unplugged
- NASA is mapping out plans for bigger, more capable Mars helicopters — One concept is the Mars Science Helicopter, advocated as a way to greatly expand the exploration zone on Mars — including possible deep dives into Red Planet caves.
- This Week in Linux - TuxDigital — This Week in Linux is a weekly news show that covers the latest news in the world of Linux. We cover a wide variety of topics from application / distro releases to Linux Gaming and even news about core system items like the Linux kernel itself.
- Destination Linux Network — DLN is a media network powered by Linux & Open Source designed to bring passionate creators together to spread our love of open-source, technology, and Linux.
- Salt Lake City Meetup
- Denver Meetup Meetup
- Colony Tracker . LIVE — Track the Colony and join us for Micro Meetups!
- OwnTracks — OwnTracks allows you to keep track of your own location. You can build your private location diary or share it with your family and friends. OwnTracks is open-source and uses open protocols for communication so you can be sure your data stays secure and private.
- What it does - OwnTracks Booklet
- HTTP - OwnTracks Booklet
- Example: OwnTracks recorder in a container on Fedora with Let’s Encrypt and nginx
- Installing Owntracks recorder on FreeBSD – Dan Langille’s Other Diary
- Rocky and Gred Spin BS to avoid coming on LUP
- Current sitting CentOS Board Member Recomends People use AlmaLinux — Hey guys .. Igor and all .. I want to wish you all the very best. And for anyone out there who wants to move from CentOS Linux 8 to another downstream RHEL community build , this is the definitely the one I would recommend. I have known the Cloud Linux team for a while .. and I very much trust them.
- IRC Transcript from LUP 413
- Greg was too busy talking to the Reg to come on the show
- Feedback: Michael Staggs on Twitter — @ChrisLAS You mentioned recommending Deepin to new users. I know in current political climate, China and security are hotbutton issues, but I don't feel we can give Deepin a pass on security. So bad that OpenSUSE audit team won't audit them anymore.
- Portal:Deepin/Security Issues
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup(s)
- JB Telegram
- JB Mumble