Command Line Love
November 9th, 2021
53 mins 44 secs
About this Episode
Is the true path to mastering Linux fully embracing the command line? Why it's time to change our mindset about the terminal.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Mars helicopter Ingenuity aces 15th Red Planet flight
- 2021 Tuxie Nominations are Open
- System76 Reportedly Developing Their Own Rust-Written Desktop, Not Based On GNOME — Word of System76 making their "own" desktop not based on GNOME does follow some recent friction between Pop!_OS and GNOME developers over their approach to theming and customizations.
- System76 Engineer Confirms Work on New Rust-Written Desktop, Not Based on GNOME
- Carl Richell on Twitter — We celebrated 16 years of @system76 today. It was a nice surprise. This is about a third of the team. While we’ve adapted to remote work well, I miss full-company events and hope we can get back to those soon.
- It’s Been 9 Years Since Valve Rolled Out The Steam Linux Beta — Over the past nine years Valve has done an incredible job advancing gaming for Linux and allowing it to reach heights never once imagined. As we move into 2022 and ten years of Steam on Linux it will be incredibly exciting to see how Steam Deck performs in the marketplace and ultimately its impact on the Linux ecosystem.
- BattlEye Support In Good Shape With Steam Client Beta + Proton Experimental
- Kalendar is out! — Note that this is still an in-development release and that there will be bugs, features still to be added, and so on. We want your feedback — especially bug reports! These will help us improve Kalendar as much as we possible can before we can release a truly stable 1.0 version.
- Linux HATES Me – Daily Driver CHALLENGE Pt.1 - YouTube — This is part 1 in a series where Linus and Luke migrate their home workstation to Linux. In this episode, each decides which Distro they'll use, and then tries to run a game on it.
- Linux Action News 214
- Self-Hosted 57
- How to fix the GSP 670 headset to make it work properly on Linux
- Akselmo’s Game
- Vorta for BorgBackup — Vorta is a backup client for macOS and Linux desktops. It integrates the mighty Borg Backup with your favorite desktop environment to protect your data from disk failure, ransomware and theft.
- Vorta — Linux Apps on Flathub
- Vorta | Memory Alpha