Accepting the Future
May 21st, 2023
1 hr 10 mins 45 secs
About this Episode
How we found peace with the Linux community’s perpetual debates; and our tricks for finding the signal from the noise.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Spotify App Stops Working for Linux Users
- GrapheneOS version 2023051600 Released — Add initial Contact Scopes feature as an alternative to granting the Contacts permission... Add production ready Pixel 7a support.
- GrapheneOS Discussion Forum: Version 2023051600 Released
- GrapheneOS on Twitter — Our new Contact Scopes feature is now available in the Alpha channel. It provides a way to avoid granting the Contacts permission for apps requiring it. It's similar to our Storage Scopes feature replacing needing any of the media/storage permissions.
- GrapheneOS on Twitter — GmsCompatConfig (sandboxed Google Play compatibility layer configuration) version 53 released.
- Asahi Linux To Users: Please Stop Using X.Org — Asahi Linux lead developer Hector Martin issued a lengthy post encouraging users of this Apple Silicon focused Linux distribution to stop using X.Org as Wayland is the future.
- RHEL 9: Deprecated functionality — The X.org display server is deprecated, and will be removed in a future major RHEL release. The default desktop session is now the Wayland session in most cases.
- r/linux: The whole X11 vs. Wayland thing… — Whilst I get Wayland is the future I have a bunch of issues with it. Off the top of my head…
- Rustdesk ‘wontfix’ a naive privilege escalation on Linux
- The LUP Odroid H3+ Chassis — I recently got an Odroid H3+ and desperately needed a chassis for it so I decided to make one. Since I am a long-time listener and a big fan of the Linux Unplugged podcast I wanted to pay tribute to it.
- Live APRS Map
- Podcast Guru — The simple & free podcast player for Android & iOS
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
- yt-fts: Youtube Full Text Search — Search all of a YouTube channel's subtitles from the command line