The Meat Factor
February 19th, 2019
1 hr 15 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Will there ever be another "big" Linux distro, or has that time passed?
Plus two popular Linux desktop apps see a big upgrade, and Wes explains to Chris why he should care a lot more about cgroups.Support LINUX Unplugged
- MX-18.1 Continuum Official Release — MX-18.1 is a refresh of our MX-18 release, consisting of bugfixes and application updates since our original release of MX-18.
- Bootstrap Your Snap | Snapcraft — The goal of Snapcraft Live is to bootstrap developers in building snaps and publishing them in the Snap Store
- Shoreline Firewall Maintainer Retires — Shorewall 5.2.3 will be my last Shorewall release. If you find problems with that release, I will attempt to resolve them. But, I am now departing on an extended trip to visit some of the places in the world that I have always dreamed of seeing.
- Shoreline Firewall — Shorewall is a gateway/firewall configuration tool for GNU/Linux.
- Geary 0.13.0 released! — This is a major new release, featuring a number of new features — including a new user interface for creating and managing email accounts, integration with GNOME Online Accounts (which also provides OAuth login support for some services), improvements in displaying conversations, composing new messages, interacting with other email apps, reporting problems as they occur, and number of important bug fixes, server compatibility fixes, and security fixes.
- digiKam 6.0.0 is released — Dear digiKam fans and users, following the long stage of integrating a lots of work from students during the Summer of Code, and after 2 years of intensive developement, we hare proud to announce the new digiKam 6.0.0.
- Fedora 31 Planning To Use Cgroups V2 By Default - Phoronix — Enabling Cgroups V2 by default will allow systemd and the various Linux container technologies along with libvirt and friends to make use of the new features and improvements over the original Cgroups like offering a unified hierarchy.
- CGroupsV2 Changes - Fedora Project Wiki — The world will eventually move to CGroupsV2 and Fedora should lead the way.
- Why Clear Linux OS? - YouTube — A quick introduction to why and what the Clear Linux OS is about.
- Pi MusicBox - A Spotify, SoundCloud, Google Music player for the Raspberry Pi, with remote control — Welcome to the Swiss Army Knife of streaming music using the Raspberry Pi.
- eta: Generic tool for monitoring ETA and progress of an arbitrary process. — A tool for monitoring progress and ETA of an arbitrary process.
- netdata, the open-source real-time performance and health monitoring, released v1.12 ! : linux — Introducing netdata.cloud, the free netdata service for all netdata users High performance plugins with go.d.plugin (data collection orchestrator written in Go) 7 new data collectors and 11 rewrites of existing data collectors for improved performance A new management API for all netdata servers Bind different functions of the netdata APIs to different ports Improved installation and updates