We embrace new tools to upgrade your backup game, securely move files around the network, and debunk the idea that Windows will ever be based on Linux.
0:46 SPONSOR: A Cloud Guru
2:31 LVFS Hits 20 Million Downloads
4:10 Dell Precision 5750 Review Unit Coming Soon
6:27 LVFS Continued
7:29 Xen Hypervisor is Porting to Raspberry Pi 4
12:09 New Dell XPS 13 Developer Editions
14:56 Lenovo Expands its Linux-Loaded Selection
16:48 SPONSOR: Linode
19:31 WSL to Support GUI Apps
24:09 Will Microsoft Switch to Linux?
33:18 Fedora 33 Beta is Live
36:13 Exploring Send and Receive
38:06 Send and Receive: Backups
39:37 Send and Receive: Setting Up the Volumes
41:00 Send and Receive: Rsync Comparison
43:40 Send and Receive: Data Retention Tests
48:10 Send and Receive: Comparing Performance
50:09 Send and Receive: Right Tool for the Job
55:29 Send and Receive: Rivaling NTFS and APFS
57:39 Feedback: Todo Apps
1:01:33 SPONSOR: Unplugged Core Contributors
- 20 Million Downloads from the LVFS — Technical Blog of Richard Hughes
- Xen Project officially ports its hypervisor to Raspberry Pi 4 • The Register
- Lenovo Expands Its Range of Ubuntu Laptops - OMG! Ubuntu!
- WSLG Overview
- WSLG Slide Deck
- X.Org Developers Conference 2020 (16-18 September 2020): X11 and Wayland applications in WSL
- XDC 2020 - Day 1 - September 16, 2020 - YouTube (link with timecode)
- What’s new in the Windows Subsystem for Linux - September 2020 | Windows Command Line
- Support Wayland protocol to allow GUI apps to work. · Issue #938 · microsoft/WSL
- Announcing the release of Fedora 33 Beta - Fedora Magazine
- Phoronix Fedora 33 Beta coverage
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- Deploying Btrfs at Facebook Scale - Josef Bacik, Facebook
- ZFS Send and Receive
- zrepl — One-stop ZFS backup & replication solution.
- sanoid — Policy-driven snapshot management and replication tools.
- btrbk — Tool for creating snapshots and remote backups of btrfs subvolumes.
- Fruit Images Dataset
- Feedback: MS to Ditch Windows for Linux?
- Windows to become emulation layer atop Linux kernel, predicts Eric Raymond
- Last phase of the desktop wars?
- Feedback: Todo Apps — I'd love to hear more about todo apps, is that something you've covered before on self-hosted or LUP?
- Todo.txt — Future-proof task tracking in a file you control