April 3rd, 2022
54 mins 23 secs
About this Episode
How we nearly crashed our Matrix server; what we did wrong and how we're fixing it.
Plus an update on elementary OS, GNOME's next chapter, and we kick off the NixOS Challenge.
NixOS Challenge Goals:
- Study the Nix Expression Language
- Setup at least one Nix/NixOS system.
- Install htop.
- Join the Nix Nerds Matrix channel.
- Post a screenshot in the NixOS Challenge GitHub.
- Complete all the above before the end of April.
- I made this bash script to build Linux from Scratch automatically.
- JB Meetup
- Farewell, elementary
- Livestream with Danielle Foré
- Plans for GNOME 43 and Beyond – Chris’s Design & Development — Since we’re right on the heels of a release, I want to keep some momentum going and share my plans for features I want to implement during the upcoming release cycles.
- GNOME Weather
- Various things in the GNOME ecosystem
- Synapse Workers Docs
- Understanding Synapse Through Grafana Graphs
- Jupiter Extras: March Boost Battle
- Fountain.FM — Share podcast clips and support creators with Bitcoin.
- Nix Expression Language
- NixOS Manual
- Nix Nerds Matrix channel
- NixOS Challenge - Jupiter Broadcasting GitHub
- osmbtc.org — OSM BTC is an open Fund initiative which has a primary goal to support OpenStreetMap contributors by small donations via Bitcoin.
- UserLAnd — UserLAnd is an open-source app which allows you to run several Linux distributions like Ubuntu.
- CypherpunkArmory/UserLAnd — Main UserLAnd Repository
- Termux — Terminal emulator and Linux environment for Android.