March 19th, 2023
1 hr 19 mins 17 secs
About this Episode
The story of an open-source hero who became a villain.Support LINUX Unplugged
- Berlin Meet Up — Join Brent for an impromptu, short-notice, Nextcloud-esque meetup in Berlin!
- Berlin Buds on Matrix
- Docker is deleting Open Source organisations — Yesterday, Docker sent an email to any Docker Hub user who had created an "organisation", telling them their account will be deleted including all images, if they do not upgrade to a paid team plan. The email contained a link to a tersely written PDF (since, silently edited) which was missing many important details which caused significant anxiety and additional work for open source maintainers.
- Coder Radio 66: Docker All The Things
- We did a terrible job announcing the end of Docker Free Teams — We apologize for how we communicated and executed sunsetting Docker “Free Team” subscriptions, which alarmed the open source community.
- Deploy a Docker registry server
- Introducing lscr.io — We are partnering with Scarf to create our own pseudo-registry, lscr.io. This isn't a true docker registry, we're not hosting the images ourselves, it's more of a load-balancer/stats platform/vanity URL.
- Dodge the next Dockerpocalypse: how to own your own Docker Registry address — What if you could use your own fixed registry URL, on your own domain & entirely under your control, but without having to self-host forever, or even commit to any particular registry, or handle all the bandwidth & storage costs?
- Reddit Discussion: DockerHub replacement stratagy and options on ipfs
- Podman — Podman is a daemonless container engine for developing, managing, and running OCI Containers on your Linux System.
- nerdctl — Docker-compatible CLI for containerd, with support for Compose, Rootless, eStargz, OCIcrypt, IPFS, ...
- whats-up-docker at noted — What's up Docker ( aka WUD ) gets you notified when a new version of your Docker Container is available.
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023 — October 20-22, 2023 at Bellingham Technical College
- Office Hours 9 — We Hate Crypto Too
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- The future of Linux Containers — At PyCon Solomon Hykes shows docker to the public for the first time.
- Docker Open-sourced — dotCloud, a PaaS provider, has open sourced Docker, a key component of their platform.
- First commit for Kubernetes
- Microsoft tried and failed to buy docker for $4b
- New Red Hat project looks a lot like a Docker fork
- Introducing Moby Project
- Solomon Hykes leaves Docker, the company he founded
- Rate limiting starts on Docker Hub
- [Alex's YouTube] Secret Management with Ansible Vault and docker-compose — This video shows how I use Ansible and Ansible Vault in conjunction with docker-compose to keep my secrets safe and encrypted whilst still being able to push my repos to Github publicly.